Cookies Data collected by a web browser when you use our website
When you visit our 108 Fine Art website a small amount of data is collected and saved by the web browser you are using. These are called Cookies. They are small text files whose purpose is to remember information about you such as the web browser you are using, websites you have visited and the pages you went to. We use this information to understand which artists and exhibitions are of most interest to our customers so we can design our site to be more relevant and easier to use.
How you can manage cookies? Most web browsers allow you to view and manage cookies in the browser Preferences, typically within the “Privacy” or “Security” tab of the browser. This allows you to delete some or all of the cookies or block cookies from being created entirely.
While blocking cookies in your browser may provide a higher level of privacy, you may find that some websites don’t work properly because they require cookies to function.
Subscribing to our email list If you would like us to let you know about our artists and exhibitions, you can give us your consent to do this by clicking the button and filling in the form on the Home, About and Contact Us pages of our website. The only information we ask for is your name and email address. This information goes automatically into our mailing list and we can then send you information by email in the future.
We do not collect and store credit card details, and we do not share your name and email address with anyone else.
Previously, if you have visited one of our exhibitions and asked to be put on our email list, or if you have bought something from us, we have also added your name to our email list. In future, before we do this we will ask you to fill in a form to ensure we have your consent in writing. This may also include your address and postcode where appropriate.
You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our exhibition emails, or by sending an email directly to me – email@example.com
Where your information is safely stored we keep the information you have provided safe in the following ways:
- When you sign up online, the information goes directly to our subscription list. When we want to send you emails about our exhibitions we use a secure service provided by Campaign Monitor to send them on our behalf. They are compliant with the GDPR regulations.
- When you sign up to receive our emails, we also receive an email directly to let us know. Once we have checked this has been successfully added to our subscription list, we delete this email from our computer.
- Your Rights. You have the right to be in control of how your personal information is used and you can do this in the following ways:
- You can unsubscribe at any time using the link at the bottom of every one of our emails or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as above.
- You can ask us for a copy of the personal information we hold about you
- You can let us know if you want us to make any changes or corrections to information we hold about you
- You can ask us to erase the personal information we hold about you
If you want to do any of these or have any questions about your personal information please contact email@example.com
We will respond to your request within 30 days.